And now we get to the original series. Which is… interesting.
A New Hope: things that were quite good
- James: “listen to that analogue sound. Beryllium bells!”
- Ah, the childhood reminiscences. For a very long time, I thought the trumpets for 20th Century Fox were actually for Star Wars.
- That opening, with those starships? SWOON.
- At least you didn’t retcon the voices of the stormtroopers.
- Feisty Leia!
- You managed to convey so much emotion from a rolling rubbish bin and a few beeps. Bravo, George.
- The prequels made me feel far empathy for Owen and Boru than I had previously experienced (this may also be due to Age).
- I am totally fine with the idea of Ewan McGregor growing up to be Alec Guinness.
- Most of the additions to Mos Eisley are basically ok.
- The cantina song. Which was nearly our wedding processional.
- Han Solo!
- Who totally always shot first.
- And is responsible for a lot of ladies (and not a few fellas, I would guess) having their first ‘scoundrels are swoon-worthy’ moment.
- Alec Guinness.
- Darth Vader v Obi-wan is surprisingly more poignant coming right off the back of the prequels.
- Han Solo.
What were you thinking, George?
- You FRIDGED Owen and Boru, George. That was callous.
- Even though the additions to Mos Eisley are mostly ok, I still don’t know why you bothered. Seriously. Leave well enough alone, George.
- Stormtroopers are really bad shots.
- Luke is So. Whiny. “But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!” said every self-absorbed adolescent ever.
- Which I get, there has to be some development, but does he have to be SO mopey?
- The throne room scene. So cheesy. So very cheesy. Grins for everyone! Teeth out in the hope of a sequel!