The Empire Strikes Back: Things that were quite good
- THANK YOU, George, for that great gift to modern culture: “I thought these things smelled bad… on the outside…”
- Han Solo
- The Han/Luke friendship. DAW.
- Han and Leia tension.
- James: I’m surprised by how early in the film this occurs.
- James: the music makes the film.
- Imperial walkers.
- Luke says, in the middle of a FOREST, “It’s like something out of a dream!” Wow, George. Subtle.
- “Wars not make one great.” Preach, George.
- The revelation that the emperor knows who Luke is is definitely more poignant thanks to the prequels.
- And Yoda’s hovel is more poignant too.
- This entire set of movies should be subtitled: “I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”
- I’d forgotten just how echoes/foreshadowings there were in the prequels, with words and actions and scenes. It makes me forgive them a little bit more.
What were you thinking, George?
- Unconvinced by the new bits of the snow critter.
- THAT KISS GEORGE EW MY BRAIN.
- You’re continuing the assumption that cities <=> civilisation in Luke’s little comment about Dagobah, George. I know he’s still a whiny little kids, but nonetheless – unhelpful.
- You retconned Boba Fett’s VOICE, George.
- Vader goes through underlings at a rate of knots. Bad vision of leadership there.