This one is even funnier-looking! It was some random wool I bought as waste yarn but I thought I’d give it a go on this little dude, who is officially Coco the Canister Monster. It’s 8 ply wool, and she fits in my palm! I think the arms are overstuffed, but overall I’m pleased… especially since J figured out how to make her less Dogbert-like….
One completed monster
This is my new vegetable patch, out the front of our house. I’ve been suggesting this for a while and we finally got around to removing some trees and doing it… well, the nice men we hired removed the trees and did it, anyway. This was ready and waiting for us when we got home from our holiday, which was a very nice surprise. We then had to do a Bunnings run, for a dripper system and trellis for along the fence, which you can see in the pic, rather handily installed by the husband. I’ve decided to try doing most stuff from seed, and from heirloom varieties where I can, because then I can collect seeds for next year… and rather than doing my usual bullish thing, I’ve decided to go a bit slowly. So I have tomatoes in a seed tray, and I’ve planted basil and rocket seeds; I’ll build up the rest of the bed over the next month or so, I guess. I have ideas of what I would like to grow, I just need to source it.
There’s also some herbs in the dirt at the front: thyme, oregano, sage. I’m waiting to see how well they grow out there; I may weaken and buy more to bulk it out, if it doesn’t seem to be spreading as fast as I might hope! 😀